THE RENDEZ-VOUS OF THE "COMPAGNIES DE PASSAGE"
Aurillac Rendez-vous will take place from August 12th to 21st 2021 in Aurillac and all the county of Cantal
The situation we are currently experiencing requires us to imagine another way to meet this summer, an event that will not be a next edition of the Aurillac Festival, but an “in-between” that we hope will also be creative, committed and responsible.
This intermediate meeting, both urgent and necessary, is designed to echo the concerns of all workers in the cultural sector, linked to the challenges of diffusion, creation and experimentation.
Aurillac Rendez-vous will bring together « Compagnies officielles » and « Compagnies de passage », professionals, observers, guides, apprentices and of course spectators.
On a limited scale and spread over time, they will be adapted to the health constraints that we have experienced the last few months, in the hope of not being subjected to last-minute cancellations or impractical adaptations.
They will involve reduced reception capacities and access protocols.
Two unifying times will be dedicated to new creations:
> The first will take place from August 12 to 14 and will be open to shows created in 2020
> The second will take place from August 19 to 21 for shows created in 2021
The places that can be invested this year will be closed and manageable sites in terms of gauge and public circulation.
This is why the reception of companies will be limited in number and types of shows. This means an exceptional limitation of the companies that can register and be allocated a place and time of performance.
This exceptional limitation is specific to the Rencontres d´Aurillac in 2021. It is adapted to the current health situation and the regulations it entails. It does not call into question the values and principles of freedom of artistic expression and tolerance which have led to the Aurillac Festival becoming the largest international meeting dedicated to street theater, which we hope to be able to find in its form and foundations in August 2022.
The conditions established for the 2021 edition of the Rendez-vous des Compagnies de passage are:
- The shows created on 2020 can register to perform from August 12 to 14.
- The shows created in 2021 can register to perform from August 19 to 21.
- Registrations are limited to 1 show per company, never presented in Aurillac, and registration is only possible for one of the two periods.
- The 2021 edition of the Rendez-vous des Compagnies de passage is intended for professional companies only.
- The invested places will be closed and controllable in terms of gauge and public circulation (between 10 to 15 sites available; no show can be presented on the public highway).
- Itinerant shows can be registered but are not currently possible in view of current government information.
- Companies wishing to participate with a marquee/big top show can register but must have the capacity to host other shows, meeting the conditions detailed here.
- The capacity to welcome shows relating to specific locations / structures (eg: non-removable and removable structure, use of pyrotechnics, specific electrical needs, shows requiring special attention, etc.) is very limited.
- There will be no last minute registration on site.
Registrations for the Rendez-vous des Compagnies de passage within the Rencontres d´Aurillac will be open from March 15 to April 2, 2021.
No email sent before or after this date will be taken into account.
Please note: please follow the registration steps in the order indicated.
Registration open from March 15 to April 2, 2021
2) online registration via the link received by email (note: sfr / outlook / hotmail addresses do not work when sending automatic emails). You will receive an online registration confirmation by email.
3) finalization of the registration with the return by email of a civil liability insurance certificate in the name of the company presenting a show.
Files are not taken into account until after the last step.
Finalization of registration does not guarantee participation in the Rencontres d´Aurillac.
Confirmation of participation in the Aurillac Meetings will be communicated to companies in June.
TECHNIQUE AND PLACES OF REPRESENTATION
IMPORTANT: When registering online, the company must clearly specify all the technical and logistical information important for its show. For example: use of a single clamp during assembly, decorative caravan that cannot be dismantled or cannot be dismantled throughout the event ...
The number of sites that can accommodate the establishment of structures such as marquees, yurts or fixed decor is very limited.
Companies carrying a project with these characteristics are invited to register as soon as possible and finalize their registration quickly by sending all the necessary documents.
Power supply: it is made available on certain sites at a fixed point. Each company must provide extensions (+/- 50m).
The « Compagnies de passage » office makes every effort to respond favorably to the electricity requests of companies that have finalized their registration.
Non-removable structures / guarding: companies with non-removable structures must provide guarding of their installations for which they remain fully responsible (day and night).
All requests to participate with specific technical, logistical and location needs must identify themselves as a "specific structure or location" at the time of registration and complete this registration promptly.