2032 OBJECTIVE PROJECT
WHAT ARTS FOR WHAT STREETS 20 YEARS FROM NOW?
TRIENNIAL PROJECT, PROSPECTIVE AND ITINERANT
A workshop of reflection and actions to imagine the future of art in public place, supported by the Festival of Aurillac and the resource center HorsLesMurs.
To prepare the future, why not using (science) fiction ? To question our heritages, to put some distance between us and our present, in order to invent better possibilities ?
The Festival of Aurillac and HorsLesMurs built a time machine launched in August 2012. It will go on until August 2015. Three years to have some more time, to exchange views, to take some distance, to think more actively.
Putting aside for a while the burdensome news, it is about :
- switching real or historical facts for imaginary, dream or utopia,
- speaking and inventing together, about the aesthetics, the place of the artist and his relation to public or virtual places,
- detecting, who knows, new ways to lead to or even to stimulate creation.
To reconsider the creation and the ethics of street arts, to get around clichés and taboos, to contend with the attitude of remaining within the same group, which is a threat to art and corporations, to show common desire, to consider a collective future on an European scale...
- the ]Bank of questions &+si[ festival of Aurillac in August 2012
- the workshop the foresight at stake in Paris April, the 4th 2013
- the workshop-conference "Is the avant-garde on the streets ?" festival of Aurillac in August 2013
- the 48 hours workshop "From virtual to living, the city in the hands of the artists", in Tours, in collaboration with the pOlau in February 2014
NEW STEP FOR 2032 OBJECTIVE PROJECT :
"WHERE IS POLITICS IN THE STREET ?"
Like an old story that we forget the origin, we can hear a chorus in France: street artists would not be politicians. This type of idea reminds a nostalgic reference during the end of the 70s, which was an emergent period of street theatre movement when the situation was protested. It also reminds the cliché principle? that street theatre is and should be necessary political.
Moreover, more and more citizen mobilization movements were present during the last years, from Quebec to Arab spring, from Puerta del Sol to Occupy Wall Street and Hong Kong. They tried to establish a real democracy which comes to disturb the political order, included occidental democracies. At the same time, activists, guerillas gardeners, cross-disciplinary collectives are catching public area and produce their actions and messages available to the radical politics.
Where is street theatre in this complicated political situation where contestation, insurrection, civil disobedience and hacktivisme are fighting?
To clarify theses inter-relations, to clarify the evolution of these words and these kinds of involvement, Objective 2032 suggests a new workshop accessible for everybody, with Albert Ogien and artists and active citizens.
Objectif 2032 est porté par Anne Gonon, Charlotte Granger et Gentiane Guillot